Thank you for following me!
- #MAGA_MVs (Music Videos) Part 1: Background & Links
- #MAGA_MVs (Music Videos) Part 2: Links
- Inaugural Firsts: Media Coverage
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS known to have his Inauguration illustrated in a newspaper?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inaugural Address was printed in a newspaper “extra”?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was newscast via “talking newsreel”?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was “newscast” by telegraph?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was filmed?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was photographed?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was broadcast on the radio?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS to use a teleprompter?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS born in neither VA nor MA?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS born outside the original colonies?
- Inaugural Distinctions! Only POTUS among the first five POTUSes who was born in a former colony other than Virginia?
- Inaugural Firsts! 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was televised in color?
- Inaugural Firsts! 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was televised in black and white?
- Inaugural Distinctions: Only Grandfather/Grandson POTUSes?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS for whom American women exercised the right to vote?
- Inaugural Distinctions: POTUS Who Delivered the Shortest Inaugural Address?
- Inaugural Distinctions: POTUS Who Delivered the Longest Inaugural Address?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS Inaugurated on Jan. 20th?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS Inaugurated in D.C.?
- Commiseration for some key GOP leaders’ resentment of Mr. Trump
- Open response to GOP critics of Mr. Trump’s repudiation of Mr. Khan’s personal attacks
- Open response (1) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (2) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (3) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (4) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (5) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (6) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (7) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- All is/not well: What I believe and want to hear this election
- The thinking behind Mr. Trump’s “meandering,” “rambling” style
- A Tale of 2 Women: Why one is #NeverHillary (Part 2)
- A Tale of 2 Women: Why one is #NeverHillary (Part 1)
- Guest post: 90-day look-back
- Promises to keep
- Reach out w/a poem to soothe the grieving heart
- Let’s RAP!
- once in a lifetime…missed
- no time for blogging today…
- lockdown drills etc.
- Today’s the day to celebrate our (older) age!
- Ready? Tomorrow’s the big day!
- Fewer than 200 followers?
- another Papal Mass…20 years earlier
- Pope’s gift from US
- Claiming w/Speaker Boehner a discernment blessing
- “Siempre adelante! Keep moving forward!”
- thank you, Mr. Berra
- fav season?
- Thank you, Pat Doyle! You honor me….
- typo-finding: sequel
bakrawiec on Reach out w/a poem to soothe t… aileenhower on Reach out w/a poem to soothe t… bakrawiec on no time for blogging toda… patwdoyle11 on no time for blogging toda… bakrawiec on no time for blogging toda… patwdoyle11 on no time for blogging toda…
- 2016 Election
- Adult Coloring Books
- American Saints
- Anti-Coloring Books
- Catholic Schools
- Computer Lab
- High-Stakes Testing
- International Dot Day
- Latchkey Kids
- Layout & Design
- Lesson plans
- Library Media Specialist
- Liebster Award
- Lifelong Learning
- Older People
- Papal Mass
- Presidential Inaugurations
- Random Acts of Poetry
- Random Acts of Poetry Day
- Separation anxiety
- September 11
- Sick Days
- Thank you
- Travel Time to Work
- U.S. History
- US Constitution
Monthly Archives: August 2016
Commiseration for some key GOP leaders’ resentment of Mr. Trump
In some small measure, I can relate to and sympathize with the resentment that lifelong politicians must be feeling as Mr. Trump is on track to become the 45th President of the United States, arguably the highest prize our “one … Continue reading
Open response to GOP critics of Mr. Trump’s repudiation of Mr. Khan’s personal attacks
“Captain Humayun Khan was a hero to our country and we should honor all who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country safe. The real problem here are the radical Islamic terrorists who killed him, and the efforts … Continue reading
Open response (1) to Mr. Khizr Khan
Sincere condolences on the death of your beloved brave son, and echoes of the sincere gratitude that the USA offered before, during, and after his military burial. In projecting on to myself the question-accusation you directed at Mr. Trump, I … Continue reading
Open response (2) to Mr. Khizr Khan
Day in, day out, God-fearing, law abiding American men and women care for their families and their neighbors, going about doing good in big and little ways that don’t necessarily make headlines, or earn accolades. Nonetheless, being a responsible, productive … Continue reading
Open response (3) to Mr. Khizr Khan
Although I don’t know where you were on the morning of 9/11/01, I can write an entire book on where I was and how my life changed that day. For purposes of this exploration of sacrifices I have made for … Continue reading
Open response (4) to Mr. Khizr Khan
In addition to being in corporate America, I have served as a teacher to thousands of children and adults, having taught Preschool through undergraduate and adult school students. With a salary that never was reciprocal for the amount of time … Continue reading
Open response (5) to Mr. Khizr Khan
Within the framework of everything I have previously shared in responses 2-4, I turn now to my reactions to whether Mr. Trump has made sacrifices for our country. Based on what I have seen, I have no doubt or hesitation … Continue reading
Open response (6) to Mr. Khizr Khan
Although I am not a lawyer, I do have a B.A. and an M.A. in social studies/sciences, with a concentration in US History, and I have taught about the US Constitution to high school students. One of my graduate research … Continue reading
Open response (7) to Mr. Khizr Khan
I am grateful to Mr. Khan for asking the question that has become a wonderful reconciliation point for me. A year into retirement, his question has struck an important nerve in me. Has the sacrificial everyday work I have done … Continue reading