Thank you for following me!
- #MAGA_MVs (Music Videos) Part 1: Background & Links
- #MAGA_MVs (Music Videos) Part 2: Links
- Inaugural Firsts: Media Coverage
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS known to have his Inauguration illustrated in a newspaper?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inaugural Address was printed in a newspaper “extra”?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was newscast via “talking newsreel”?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was “newscast” by telegraph?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was filmed?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was photographed?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was broadcast on the radio?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS to use a teleprompter?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS born in neither VA nor MA?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS born outside the original colonies?
- Inaugural Distinctions! Only POTUS among the first five POTUSes who was born in a former colony other than Virginia?
- Inaugural Firsts! 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was televised in color?
- Inaugural Firsts! 1st POTUS whose Inauguration was televised in black and white?
- Inaugural Distinctions: Only Grandfather/Grandson POTUSes?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS for whom American women exercised the right to vote?
- Inaugural Distinctions: POTUS Who Delivered the Shortest Inaugural Address?
- Inaugural Distinctions: POTUS Who Delivered the Longest Inaugural Address?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS Inaugurated on Jan. 20th?
- Inaugural Firsts: 1st POTUS Inaugurated in D.C.?
- Commiseration for some key GOP leaders’ resentment of Mr. Trump
- Open response to GOP critics of Mr. Trump’s repudiation of Mr. Khan’s personal attacks
- Open response (1) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (2) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (3) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (4) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (5) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (6) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- Open response (7) to Mr. Khizr Khan
- All is/not well: What I believe and want to hear this election
- The thinking behind Mr. Trump’s “meandering,” “rambling” style
- A Tale of 2 Women: Why one is #NeverHillary (Part 2)
- A Tale of 2 Women: Why one is #NeverHillary (Part 1)
- Guest post: 90-day look-back
- Promises to keep
- Reach out w/a poem to soothe the grieving heart
- Let’s RAP!
- once in a lifetime…missed
- no time for blogging today…
- lockdown drills etc.
- Today’s the day to celebrate our (older) age!
- Ready? Tomorrow’s the big day!
- Fewer than 200 followers?
- another Papal Mass…20 years earlier
- Pope’s gift from US
- Claiming w/Speaker Boehner a discernment blessing
- “Siempre adelante! Keep moving forward!”
- thank you, Mr. Berra
- fav season?
- Thank you, Pat Doyle! You honor me….
- typo-finding: sequel
bakrawiec on Reach out w/a poem to soothe t… aileenhower on Reach out w/a poem to soothe t… bakrawiec on no time for blogging toda… patwdoyle11 on no time for blogging toda… bakrawiec on no time for blogging toda… patwdoyle11 on no time for blogging toda…
- 2016 Election
- Adult Coloring Books
- American Saints
- Anti-Coloring Books
- Catholic Schools
- Computer Lab
- High-Stakes Testing
- International Dot Day
- Latchkey Kids
- Layout & Design
- Lesson plans
- Library Media Specialist
- Liebster Award
- Lifelong Learning
- Older People
- Papal Mass
- Presidential Inaugurations
- Random Acts of Poetry
- Random Acts of Poetry Day
- Separation anxiety
- September 11
- Sick Days
- Thank you
- Travel Time to Work
- U.S. History
- US Constitution
Monthly Archives: September 2015
Ready? Tomorrow’s the big day!
Tomorrow is the annual International Day of Older People. Let us claim our glorious age. How can we give positive witness to this stage of life? Please comment, or Tweet your ideas to: @bakrawiec #RetiredLadyBoomerChat #BlendedAgingChat Here’s my idea: Forget … Continue reading
Posted in Older People, Retired, Retirement Leave a comment
Fewer than 200 followers?
Continued request and reminder, please…. Having recently been honored to receive the “new blogger” Liebster Award, it is now my privilege and responsibility to nominate five to ten other bloggers for this distinction. In order to be eligible for the … Continue reading
Posted in Blog, Blogger, Blogging, Liebster Award, Retiree, Retirement 3 Comments
another Papal Mass…20 years earlier
Watching televised events of the current Holy Father’s trip to the United States triggered memories of the Papal Mass I was privileged to attend twenty years earlier, in 1995, celebrated in, what was then called, Giants Stadium. What struck me … Continue reading
Posted in Papal Mass, Retirement, Wave 6 Comments
How blessed we are to have access to so many holy shrines in this country, especially in the Philadelphia area where the Holy Father spent the grande finale of his United States visit. (Dare I refer to it as a … Continue reading
Posted in American Saints, Disposable, Retirement Leave a comment
Pope’s gift from US
As much as I love the Litany of the Saints, sung during special Masses, such as Masses of Canonization and Priestly Ordination, I took special enjoyment and pride listening to the Litany during the Papal Mass in which Fr. Serra … Continue reading
Posted in American Saints, Catholic Schools, Retirement 2 Comments
Claiming w/Speaker Boehner a discernment blessing
As a woman of the Catholic faith, I have been greatly blessed by having been schooled in Jesuit spirituality. For six years, I was ministered to most powerfully by an amazing group of Jesuits during women’s retreats. Even more, for … Continue reading
Posted in Blessing, Conscience, Decisions, Jesuits, Prayer, Resignation, Retirement, Work Leave a comment
“Siempre adelante! Keep moving forward!”
https://barbarasut.wordpress.com/ said it first in a comment on Tuesday: “Don’t look back! There’s a whole, wide wonderful world outside the classroom for you to discover and contribute to. As a former teacher you have a lot of talents to share … Continue reading
Posted in Retirement, Service, Transitions Leave a comment
thank you, Mr. Berra
There was a time, during Yogi Berra’s tenure as catcher, that I was a Yankee fan-atic! I remember so many “philosophical” things Mr. Berra said during (and after) those years that made headlines–usually not so flatteringly reported in terms of … Continue reading
Posted in Baseball, Expressions, Thank you, Yogi-isms Leave a comment
First question: Quick! ….Favorite season? (If you’re a Boomer, here’s a hint for your options: Princess on Howdy Doody show. Remember? …Princess….Summerfall Winterspring.) Did you register your pick? Okay. Next question: In which month, and on which day of that … Continue reading
Posted in Autumn, Family, Seasons 2 Comments
Thank you, Pat Doyle! You honor me….
Ms. Pat Doyle, who introduced herself via her commiseration-outreach comment in response to my Retiree regret? (a.k.a. buyers’ remorse) post this summer, has continued to reach out to me with affirmation and encouragement ever since. Having introduced me to the … Continue reading
Posted in Blogger, Blogging, Liebster Award, Retirement, Teaching, Writing 6 Comments